I like lettuce wraps. Not just because of the reduced carb factor, although that’s a bonus. The best lettuce wraps I’ve had in a restaurant involved Thai spiced ground chicken, so when I saw a recipe in a magazine that looked similar, I decided to adapt it a bit and try making it at home. Total winner!
Head of Bibb lettuce ( tender perfect cups!)
1 pound of ground chicken
2 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS Sriracha
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
2-3 cloves garlic
2 TBS vegetable oil
Various fresh condiments: lime wedges, basil, thyme, dill, green part of scallions
- Thinly slice the scallions. Set the dark green parts aside for a condiment. Mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Sautés the scallions and garlic until soft.
- Add the chicken. Season with Kosher salt. Saute until fully cooked..
- Combine the soy sauce, Sriracha, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
- Add the combined sauce to the meat mixture, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce is absorbed into the meat.
- Serve with lettuce and various condiments.
- Fill a lettuce “cup” with chicken. Sprinkle with the herb (or herbs) of your choice. Squeeze some lime juice (and possible add a bit more Sriracha) and enjoy!