The Weight Watcher’s point count on this recipe may not be accurate based on the current plan. We’re sticking to a prior version that we followed a couple of years ago. Based on my calculation, this whole dish rang in at about 8 points, making it a 4 point main dish for each of us.
Ingredients for Stuffed Zucchini for Two:
2 medium zucchini
1/4 pound of lean hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup corn, defrosted if frozen
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined, finely diced
1 15 oz. can of small diced tomatoes
olive oil, Kosher salt, Freshly ground pepper
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan.
- Saute the hamburger in a non-stick skillet until no longer pink. If your hamburger is super lean, you might need a tiny bit of olive oil to get it started. Season with a little salt and pepper. Drain off any grease and set aside.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the same skillet. Cook the onion until limp. Add the garlic and jalapeño. Season with a little salt. Stir for a few minutes until blended. Return the hamburger to the pan.
- Add the corn and tomatoes, with their liquid. Let simmer until mixture thicken a bit. Add the rice and heat through. Check for seasoning.
- Divide the mixture among the four zucchini shells. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 oven for 35-40 minutes. Uncover for the last five or ten minutes.
- Each serving is two pieces of stuffed zucchini sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese.