Seems a bit odd to be posting a blog about vegetable soup on Halloween, but we’re Weight Watcher inspired, and this soup is healthy and wonderful and only two points per cup.
1. Chop the following vegetables into a similar dice:
1 small potato
1/2 head cabbage
2. Saute the vegetables until softened in a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and a shake of red pepper flakes.
3. Drain and rinse a can of white beans (Goya.) Add to the vegetables and stir to combine.
4. Add a quart of chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for at least fifteen minutes.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan, or a dollop of plain yogurt.
These are the vegetables and seasoning I used yesterday. Next time, there might be butternut squash or kale. Vegetable soup is all about what you have on hand.