This dish all but sings of Spring. It’s light and pretty, in addition to being easy to pull together. It can serve as a light lunch for one, or as a side dish for two with a protein of your choice for dinner.
1 medium zucchini, spiralized
1 clove garlic, minced
1 heaping TBS pesto
4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, red pepper flakes
1. Spiralize a zucchini into spaghetti-like strands. Cut the strands into reasonable lengths. Blot the strands with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture. Zucchini is a watery vegetable.
2. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a sauté pan. No more than a teaspoon. Add the garlic and a tiny shake of pepper flakes. Cook for a minute or so on medium heat. Do not burn the garlic.
3. Add the zucchini strands. Toss with the garlic. Season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the pesto. Cook for about two minutes, tossing the entire time. You want the strands to retain some texture. Think al dente pasta.
4. Add the tomatoes and toss to combine. No more than a minute more.
5. Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
This simple dish will justify your purchase of a Spiralizer!