Apple pie without the fuss. Doesn’t get easier than this.
1. Unfold a Pillsbury pie crust and place it on a parchment lined sheet pan.
2. Peel, core and slice (fairly thinly – about 1/8 inch) 3 apples.
3. Toss the apples with a mixture of 1/4 C sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
4. Spoon the apples onto the center of the flat pie crust. Leave about 1 1/2 inches around the edges.
5. Fold up the sides around the apples/ Brush the sides with an egg wash.
6. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.
There are lots of recipes out there that call for corn starch and lots of spices. You don’t need them. This is simple and good.
Topping with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream wouldn’t hurt!